Indonesia has propose to give compensation to anyone who willing and establish to manage and protect the forest through emission reduction from deforestation and land degradation, or in other words “carbon trade”, nowadays it becomes a national issue. It trigger stakeholders to prepare a structure and infrastructure, so that the scheme of global warming reduction filled with voluntary and market based economy mechanisms from the world’s environmental services could be implemented. One thing for sure, it will trigger “a new forestry policies”.
An important notes about this condition, it sometimes deny the basic principles of Indonesia’s Forestry, especially for its community based (local or traditional management and tenurial status right. From 143 million ha of Forest and Forest Area claimed as a State Forest filled with tenurial conflict. Meanwhile, we must not forget that over 80 million of Indonesia people still reside and owe their life existence from the existence of the forest.
KpSHK (Consortium for supporting Community Based Forest System Management) and all of SHK (Community based Forest management) participant together with every civil society components “invoke” a petition, that will play it roles as a pledge and a insinuation to the world to fight a right for a democratization of Indonesia’s Forest management and also for a world’s climate justice. This petition will inquire every stake holder to:
- Will placed a local (traditional) community as a main subject of forest management in Indonesia.
- Will supported a legal recognition for a management and ownership’s right of a forest area by local (traditional) community.
- Will put any national and international initiative considering with the effort of global warming reduction or obstruct a climate change from the ecological benefit of forest for a local (traditional) community’s prosperity.
- Together, side by side participate as a control system for the implementation of national and international initiative for global warming reduction or a climate change, so that it will not mystified based only for its economical priorities, and
- Will expect an industrial country to reduce an energy consumption, which material came from the forest and forest area in Indonesia.
This “Forest for People” petition made for a greater hope that the climate will be going normally. And it will become an insinuation for people all over the world to strengthen “Forest for People” so a climate justice will be established.
- SHK Community and Participant in 5 Big Islands of Indonesia
- Masyarakat Adat Tawana, Kecamatan Ulu Bongka, Kabupaten Touna
- Pripinsi Sulteng
- Komunitas Taragahar Tajomosan, Kecamatan Waigete, Kabupaten Sika, Propinsi NTT
- Komunitas Aceh Rayeuk, Kecamatan Lhoong, Kabupaten Aceh Besar, Propinsi NAD
- Komunitas Rinjani, Kecamatan Sembalun, Kabupaten Lombok Timur, Propinsi NTB
- Komunitas Semende Marga Ulunosal, Kecamatan Nasal, Kabupaten Kaur, Propinsi Bengkulu
- Komunitas Meratus, Kecamatan Batang Alai Timur, Kabupaten Hulu Sungai Tengah
- Propinsi Kal Sel
- Komunitas Rongkong, Kecamatan Limbong, Kabupaten Luwu Utara, Propinsi Sul Sel
- Komunitas Masyarakat Adat Hoto’, Kecamatan Seko, Kabupaten Luwu Utara, Propinsi Sul Sel
- Komunitas Erdas, Kecamatan Dusun Selatan, Kabupaten Barito Selatan, Propinsi Kalteng
- Komunitas Gunung Betung, Kecamatan Padang Cermin, Kabupaten Lampung Selatan, Propinsi Bandar Lampung
- Komunitas KTHR Sekar Pijer, Kecamatan Panggang, Kabupaten Gunung Kidul, Propinsi DI Yogyakarta
- Komunitas DAS Tondano, Kabupaten Minahasa, Propinsi Sulawesi Utara
- Komunitas Rengganis, Kecamatan Panti, Kabupaten Jember, Propinsi Jawa Timur
- Komunitas Cirewed, Kecamatan Sukajaya, Kabupaten Bogor, Propinsi Jawa Barat
- Komunitas Dayak Kutai Barat, Kabupaten Kutai Barat, Propinsi Kalimantan Timur
- Komunitas Masyarakat Adat Lodang, Kecamatan Seko, Kabupaten Luwu Utara, Propinsi Sul Sel
- Komunitas Rawa Taman Mahap, Menterap, Skadau, Kalimantan Barat
- Komunitas Adat Talang Mamak, Riau